Tuesday 17 September 2013

Whiskey & Wrestling Reaches 300 Posts! And More Tenryu!

Genichiro Tenryu & Nobukaza Hirai v Satoshi Kojima & Kaz Hayashi (All Japan, 10/6/02) - GREAT

Oh my gravy. When I saw who was in this my first thought was, "If Tenryu abuses Kaz Hayashi then this'll be fucking great." And I'll be fucked if Tenryu doesn't abuse Kaz Hayashi. I mean, God damn, did Kaz touch Tenryu's daughter's funny button? I think Kaz gets like two hits in on him the entire match. Tenryu gives him NOTHING and just slaughters him. At one point he flings a chair at him from across the ring, and if it didn't miss (by about two inches, btw) it would've broken Kaz's skull. I don't think this was one of those intentional misses, either. I think he really tried to break his skull with it. There's a bit where Kaz is on his knees in the Tenryu/Hirai corner and, form the apron, Tenryu starts kicking his face into the turnbuckles. Kaz gets chippy and cheapshots Tenryu, so Tenryu glares at him incredulously and punches him in the chin. They're on the floor and Tenryu cracks him with a chair, throat chops him over the barricade then pours a bottle of water over him...just because. All of it was fucking spectacular. Tenryu and Kojima pick up where they always leave off and absolutely leather each other. Punches, chops, MEATY lariats; all the good stuff. In terms of pudgy lesser known Tenryu tag partners, Hirai doesn't have the same mean streak in him as a Hara or Ishikawa. He won't throw coconut headbutts and bully skinny juniors and take a bunch of cheapshots, but he will hold up his end fine and let Tenryu kill dudes, so what's to complain about, really? Someone tell me there's a Tenryu/Kaz singles match. Please tell me there's a Tenryu/Kaz singles match.


Complete & Accurate Tenryu

No comments:

Post a Comment