Friday 28 July 2017

Hideki Suzuki of the Day #16

Hideki Suzuki & Yoshihisa Uto v Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (Big Japan, 3/19/17)

Solid bout, though more of a sporting contest between two teams looking simply to win rather than a bar fight with them trying to kick the crap out of each other. Not that we didn't get a little of the latter anyway. Okabayashi will really go all in on the shouty tough guy "hit me and prove you are worthy!" part of a strike exchange - which is pish - but he will doubly go all in on absolutely caving somebody's chest in with a knife edge. So I suppose you accept the trade off. Suzuki and Sekimoto were really putting all their weight behind forcing the other to the mat with top wrist locks and knuckle locks. It all served as a fine bridge between the previous draw and the upcoming rematch and I was into pretty much everything they did together. Thus, I am now anticipating that rematch even more than I was before. So job done, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment