Sunday, 7 March 2010

So, Bob Backlund is your daddy and I'm gonna ramble about a Bob Backlund comp and make whiskey references!!

Title says it all, really. Been toying with the idea of starting one of these for a little while, and a great man -- a sober man -- convinced me to go ahead and do it since there might actually be a market for drunken retards like me talking about something as goofy as pro-wrestling.

"Hey, you should totally start a blog. And make it about WRESTLING!"

Totally.

Gonna start watching some BACKLUND later and I'll update this as I go. Should be interesting to see how long I can keep it up before I lose interest. Or just forget it even exists... Latter, probably.

I'll update this post as I watch/talk about the comp as I go.

1974

Bob Backlund & Bob Roop v Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta (All Japan, 7/25/74)

1978

Bob Backlund v Superstar Billy Graham (MSG, 2/20/78) (8mm silent film clips)
Bob Backlund v Ivan Koloff (MSG, 8/28/78)

1979

Bob Backlund v Greg Valentine (MSG, 2/19/79)

No comments: